The LR Cocktail
Living Room had the pleasure of working with our friend Zak, mixologist extraordinaire who created a drink just for you. We believe this delicious concoction fully embodies Living Room’s brand and as an added bonus, happens to be one of the most delicious drinks in all the land. And although we may be extremely biased (or perhaps it’s all the cocktails) we’ll let you decide.
We told Zak we wanted something fresh, handcrafted, masculine, and with a modern twist on one of the classics. We wanted to create something high-end but in a casual way and, of course, incorporate the blood orange.
The result? A drink inspired by (what is believed to be) THE OLDEST drink ever created, The Sazerac. And with notes of citrus, vanilla, and ginger, paired with some bourbon we feel this drink perfectly and very tastily represents Living Room. So fire up your inner mixologist and remember to cheers to happy taste buds with your buds.
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1 blood orange
- 5 oz. Bourbon We used Buffalo Trace (from Frankfurt, KY: 80 miles south)
- .5 oz Tuaca Liquer (vanilla/ lemon liqueur)
- .5 ozginger simple syrup* Made fresh! Recipe below.
- 3 drops We used Bittermens Burlesque
- A fresh sprig of rosemary
- Old fashioned style of glass Try a champagne coupe glass
- Add ice to an old fashioned style of glass
- Pour all ingredients (except rosemary) over ice
- Rim the glass with a fresh rosemary sprig
- Add remaining rosemary to garnish
- .5 lb Ginger, Peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Add the ginger and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar and cook, stirring, until it dissolves.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain, and store in the refrigerator.
*** Side note: For more rosemary flavor, add a couple sprigs of fresh rosemary to the simple syrup while it’s boiling.